Saturday, December 4, 2010

just the right song.

The other day my depression was spiking up again, has per my usual pattern I started devoting as much energy I could, to keep the lonely and sad thoughts out of my head (not very successful, but it tends to net better results then when I leave my mind to it's own devices).  Yesterday that manifested in me playing random clips and songs on Youtube.  when I managed to stumble across one that really helped out and seemed to calm me down a great deal.  the song is the closing theme to the second season of ghost in the shell stand alone complex. living within the shell

kind of ironic that the song which helped me out of the empty lonely feelings I had yesterday was actually called living within the shell, but maybe the way it uses the living within the shell imagery is exactly why it proved so effective.  I'm not going to pretend I fully comprehend why it was so effective yesterday, but I'm very glad it was and i'm going to try to keep track of songs that seem to be able to do this so they can help me out in future instances were my depression spikes up.

ofcourse i'm also very glad I have headphones, because I ended up playing that song about a million times yesterday, and if I didn't have headphones my roommate would probably hate me by now.  oh and just so I leave this entry on a high note, I'll present some proof that Keanu Reeves is immortal (possibly a highlander)

The guy on the left is Paul Mounet, who was an actor known for his deadpan acting style. He died under unusual circumstances and no body was found. I rest my case. (orginal source: http://snakeskins.tumblr.com/post/351461656/jsyk-keanu-reeves-is-fucking-immortal-the-guy-on )

3 comments:

  1. Then maybe he could still star in the future Matrix remakes. They are probably already planing how to the series..

    And I've listened to lots of music depending on my mood, if I'm down and out I usually pick something up beat and catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is a wonderful thing. Paramore has been my lifeline so much recently. I am glad you posted. I have been wondering how you were. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found something that helped cheer you up. I've been having a heighten ability to identify with music lately its both nice and kind of strange.

    Ghost in a Shell is such a good series too. Very metaphysical.

    ReplyDelete